Sunday, September 16, 2007

There's posh

cheffy stacks

Few meals of note in the last week but these were a bit special and good enough to have two nights in a row (since I made enough for four where were you on Thursday!?).

Polenta rounds, cooked, cooled, cut and charred under a hot grill, layered with a creamy carrot, brazil nut and spinach stuffing and topped off with sauteed mushrooms and onions masked with a rich wine and porcini sauce.

We served them with a little steamed cabbage and some boiled potatoes drizzled with extra of that glorious sauce.

To follow, chocolate coconut iced. A work in progress, I think I need a better icecream maker but the flavour was good.

3 comments:

Keif said...

eww, mushrooms ;)

Anonymous said...

> eww, mushrooms ;)

I'll have yours.

Catofstripes said...

What would you like me to cook, Keif?