Saturday, November 10, 2007

Chocolate Chip Ginger Spice Cookies

I made these cookies on the recommendation of rave reviews from all over the internet - they're based on a recipe on the Martha Stewart site veganised by substituting vegan margarine for the butter.

cookies

Despite warnings that the dough was impossible to work and that the regime of chilling and moulding was onerous it was easy enough even if there was a Mr. Hanky moment as I rolled the mixture in clingfilm before dropping it in the freezer for a couple of hours. The cookies turned out just like Martha's; looking good and smelling fine.

And I hate them. They are so sweet they set my teeth on edge, the texture is verging on the uncooked - where is the crispness of a decent biscuit here? - and I can taste the bicarbonate of soda...

So I won't be making these again even though Mr. Stripey Cat rather likes them and friends who've seen the picture say it's just what they like.

No comments: