Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Er....ahem

Anybody still here?



Thank you all for the kind and encouraging comments these last few months - I might not have said anything but I read them all and was touched.

Still not quite at ease with cooking in public yet but I have a plan for February. Although de-toxing is widely discredited for its wilder claims to improved health there's no denying the adoption of a healthier range of foods can benefit mind and body. After the excesses of the holiday season and having given myself January off for good behaviour I thought four weeks of clean living in February might be a GOOD thing. So that's what I'm going to do.

Still working on the details which aren't going to be anything extreme, in fact the most significant rule will be a stop to all alcohol for the period, just take regular measured meals chosen from whole foods and fresh vegetables, calm, lightly flavoured and simple.

And the plan for the blog; to document those daily meals, succinctly and without undue personal reference, including a recipe a day.

3 comments:

Rose said...

Sounds like a fun project...I could use a little alcohol-free period myself.

I'll be tuned in for the recipes. :)

Soja said...

Still here! :-) Glad you are back!

Catofstripes said...

Hi Rose and Soja,

Day one today! Thanks for being around. :)