Monday, August 02, 2010

Intermediate Interval Separating



So I'm really sure the WHOLE WORLD would like to know what it is that I eat on those days when it's not good enough to blog about.

Here we have a prime example - casually entitled Rat Charlotte it is a tempting combination of 3 day old leftover ratatouille and some pain de mie, the French equivalent of Mothers Pride, manipulated in a classic manner.

I don't know why it is that I can't make food in portions for one person, or when I find myself with far too much to eat at any one time I don't just throw the excess away immediately. Something in my frugal guilt laden upbringing just keeps me hanging on, resenting it and yet eating it although driven to the point of anorexia.

You might make this yourself, some evening when you've no money, little other food and in desperate hunger but really, if you were me, now, you'd be better off if you didn't.

It was o.k.

2 comments:

Rose said...

I love the idea of leftover ratatouille in a sandwich...it looks really good. I also have trouble with portions...I cook for two, but I always end up making enough for 6 -8.

Paul said...

> ...I cook for two, but I always end up making enough for 6 -8.

And I compound that particular felony by eating all of it in one sitting...