Thursday, February 03, 2011

The third day

Leek and mushroom roly poly
Leek and Mushroom Roly Poly

Happy Chinese New Year. I don't really know what came over me when I said there was nothing much going on in February. Not only does the Year of the Rabbit start, pretty important in this household for one reason or another but there's Valentine's Day and we've picked up a dinner date already. Still I won't give up.

Last night we had a thoroughly unhealthy Leek and Mushroom Baked Roly Poly with oven roasted veg and a thick miso gravy. It was great but we managed to keep the portions small and I watched the oil content carefully so I don't think anything bad will happen from it.

Tonight we had Lettuce wraps filled with home-made tofu, home grown quinoa, celery, mushrooms, onions and tomatoes. Everything but the quinoa was stir-fried together in a tiny splash of oil, then the cooked quinoa was mixed in. Seasoning was black pepper and splashes of soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. A final sprinkle of lemon juice reduced the need for salt.

That was so virtuous we had room for some Banana icecream and cherries.

I have a menu plan for the rest of the week but you'll have to wait, it's a surprise!

Lettuce wraps
Lettuce wraps; eat with your hands

No comments: