Thursday, September 01, 2011

Pfffft!!!!

tofu tomato fried rice  
Tofu Tomato Fried Rice.

Hello again. It's been a while.

What happened is that the Stripey man had a bit of a health scare (still not resolved, but currently comfortable, thanks) and he's been over here with me, holidaying and taking taking things easy. He went back yesterday, hence the now traditional shot of rice based comfort food taken for my first solo meal.

By the way, the fried rice was pretty damn good, I think the trick is to really let the onions caramelise before you add anything else and use a touch of white pepper in the seasoning. While he was here I was anything but Florence Nightingale but I did cook up three nutritious meals day, all low fat, and during the period managed to resample quite a lot of the back catalogue of recipes I've built up here.

Anyway, we must look to the future and the rest of the year for me is bounded by the new aspiration to become a Supper Club host and cook. It seems like an easy way to get started in the restaurant business, you just open up your dining room to an unsuspecting world but I've discovered that a good deal of the preparation involves things I've struggled to avoid all my adult life, like marketing and a responsible attitude to costs!

Things have progressed, I'm now able to sell tickets via WeGotTickets and I've made a new web site/blog to deal exclusively with the dates, menus and information for the Stripey Cat Supper Club . It's looking a little bare there yet but it will blossom over the next month, promise!

But the most exciting part has to be the cooking. I must really discipline myself to perfecting the new recipes I plan to put on the menus in November. I won't be publishing them here, not yet anyway, but the essential extra time in the kitchen should have enough culinary overspill and kickbacks to have plenty to blog about in a personal capacity. That's the plan anyway.


No comments: