Thursday, August 16, 2007

Bread roll

and other stuff we've been eating in the last few days.

Since arriving in the UK quite a lot of meals have been prepared and I have to admit they have only been average. I don't know if it's something in me, some subtle virus affecting my taste buds or something to do with the ingredients - mostly store cupboard and local early to late Co-op. At any rate, although they've looked o.k. I've had no desire to photograph or release their recipes to a wider audience.

However, for the record meals have included:
an all day vegan breakfast, thai green curry, barbecued tofu and aubergines (we really were at a barbie cooking on communal veggie charcoal), leftover barbie food with leftover thai curry (an interesting experience), roast spuds and broad beans with garlic, spinach lasagne al forno (which turned out nice but strangely lacking in any real excitment) and last night a Sheep Free Pie with chickpeas and miso, again looking the part but let down by rather inappropriate potatoes (stored early Swift, designed to be eaten as first early potatoes and really hopeless after a week or two in store) and slightly hard chickpeas even though they seemed well cooked when I popped them in the pie dish.

No idea what I'll be cooking tonight, I feel a shopping expedition coming on. If anyone would like the recipes for the food listed above, I could tell you, but then I might have to kill you. I really don't think they show vegan cooking at its best.

No comments: