Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Alone again, naturally

Shameful Savoury Rice
Note the empty chair.

The time has come, Mr. Stripey Cat has departed back to the UK and his working life and I am alone here again, cooking for one.

Today being the first day without a companion, unless you count that bad black cat, I'm feeling more than a little sorry for myself and have been eating such junk food as I can find culminating with that most addictive of sins, Savoury rice. The glass contains pineapple juice diluted with water, not gin although I was sorely tempted.

Really I've been working hard, digging vegetable beds and so on, and the rice does have vegetables in it, peppers and carrots, not to mention a block of the inappropriately named Bjorg tofu for added protein.

Having reached the bottom of culinary excellence so quickly I'm hoping the way forward can only lead to better things but there is going to be an added restriction to my cooking for the next few months. I'm not going to starve but I need to economise so menus from now on will be compiled with an eye to frugality, at least for day to day eating. Might be fun.

No comments: