Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Late

late to the party
Chocolate cupcakes with Whisky buttercream

A fracture in my life is stopping me cooking. I did have a go this afternoon and half created some hemp felafel inspired by the Chocolate Lady but although I spent a pleasant hour grinding flax and hemp seeds and watching The Ghost and Mrs Muir the mixture that evolved tasted so revolting that it didn't even get as far as the oven but went straight into the compost.

So in anticipation of a hungry man arriving home and no dinner for him I literally whipped up some cupcakes like a good little woman. Oh it's not that I won't eat a cupcake but there's just something not right about their modern incarnations. And anything that requires me to do origami with parchment paper to make a piping bag (where is my piping bag?!?) is an abomination. After piping a couple with this construction I decided they looked prettier with hand swirls from the back of a teaspoon.

So there you have it, I'm late to the party again and I'm wearing the wrong shoes. Hope to be back soon.

2 comments:

the chocolate doctor מרת שאקאלאד said...

Sorry to hear about this experience--I will try to develop a workable hemp felafel recipe soon.

Catofstripes said...

Oh dear Chocolate Lady, I didn't mean to suggest your recipe was at fault, just my lousy attitude to cooking at the moment. I loved the idea of using hemp, but I haven't really "got it" yet. I'll keep trying.