Thursday, July 31, 2008

Tofu Hash

hash

I have to apologise to David at BooktheCook. I was going to try one of his recipes but to begin with I had no potatoes, then, back in France I had plenty of spuds but no mushrooms (I only stock them when Mr. S-C is here) but no matter because I could have substituted some tofu strips but then, when I went to get the rocket it's all gone over in the heat and the next batch isn't ready to harvest yet. So, David I'm sorry but I will try again soon.

Tofu Hash was my lunch today. Is it really a Hash? I'm not sure but call it anything you like it was an easy option for some precooked potatoes and what have you. Needed a bit of chilli.

Potatoes are variety Pink Fir Apple, the perfect waxy salad potato but good fried too. The shallot and runner beans came from the garden. The tomato sauce came from a jar (my tomatoes are all still green :( ). Tofu by Bjorg.

No comments: