Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Er...

horta pancake

This wild vegetable crepe is probably the healthiest thing I've made myself to eat for several days. As a spur to keeping my diet in good order while I'm alone this blog is failing. I haven't been blogging because the food I'm making and eating doesn't meet my criteria for bloggable entry - it's mostly toast, junk foods, breakfast cereal and sweeties. I'm a mess.

The crepe is made from a mixture of 60% gram (chickpea, besan) flour with 40% white wheat flour and just enough water to make a good pouring batter. Fried in olive oil, it was filled with some just picked weeds from the garden; magentaspreen tree spinach seedlings.

Remove the roots, clean the weeds and blanch before seasoning with black pepper and shoyu to make the filling.

It was good. I'm not sure when I'll have the energy to cook or blog again though.

3 comments:

Rose said...

Your crepe is beautiful! I tried to make something similar a while back and it turned into a scrambled mess.

Sorry to hear you're in a food rut...when I don't feel like cooking, I make huge salads with lots of goodies thrown in--hot peppers, artichokes, pasta etc...

Catofstripes said...

Thanks Rose, the last one I made scrambled too but I ate it anyway. I think the pan quality is important. They work in my seasoned cast iron pan but it stuck in a beaten up non-stick pan I had. The Mr. bought me a shiny new non-stick pan last time he was here and I used that today.

Gloria Baker said...

This is a nice idea, my daughter is vegggi and always Im searching ideas! lovely crepe! gloria