Thursday, April 21, 2011

Stinging

Nettle lasagne

This was a success. Nettle lasagne. Tastes like spinach. Not a lot to say about it, prepare your nettles by rinsing well and blanching for 5 minutes or so, then chop finely and use in your favourite recipe. This was a version maigré, with Mr. Stripey at home we're eating several meals a day and rather too large ones at that, so I left out the béchamel sauce to save a few calories.

Cooking is still taking a less important part of life than growing plants and sitting in the sun but I will be blogging some new favourites in a week or two.

5 comments:

Rose said...

Looks delicious. I wish I could get my hands on some nettles...I'd never had them before, and really want to try.

Sarsparilla said...

It really looks tasty.

Catofstripes said...

Rose, I wish I could send you a care package but I fear it would be stopped at Customs as a noxious invader.

Sarsparilla, it was and the leftovers refried for breakfast were fun too.

Vegfox said...

Just discovered your blog via Rose's recent entry. Very excited to see some interesting variety in ingredients, such as nettles and dandelions. I love the idea of using wild plants in cooking and other things. Looks like I need to check out your gardening blog, too.

Gloria Baker said...

Love lasagna, look delicious! gloria