Saturday, May 26, 2007

Sojasun Saturday

soyaburger

Today has been soya heavy as I've made extensive use of the products supplied by Sojasun, available in good chilled food cabinets everywhere, well SuperU and Leclerc, but only the one in Coutances.

Breakfast was two past their sell by date vanilla puddings made by Sojasun, lunch a potato and apple salad with a rather good dressing made of a small pot of Sojasun soy yoghurt with a teaspoonful of mustard stirred in and dinner was a Sojasun burger, served with the left over cold potatoes refried. O.k. I know I said I was improving my diet but it's Saturday alright, and I'm not going out and I'm all on my own. I may even have an alcoholic drink in a moment.

The burgers come in a range of flavours, I prefer the petits legumes one but this was the curried version. Frankly, since even an animal free food technologist in France has only the haziest idea of what constitutes a curry, I ignored this and served it with fried onions, a killer pickle and tomato ketchup anyway but there was a small sachet of something yellow in the box that was supposed to approximate to a curry condiment. I ate that as well. Oh damn! I forgot the lettuce.

The potatoes were of the variety Cherie, a waxy red skinned tuber sold here for raclette - no chance - but they make a good salad and refry quite nicely.

Onwards and upwards.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have just returned from hols in France. Was ecstatic to find the Sojasun steaks. As a veggie France is always a nightmare. They were a little expensive but very tasty. I was surprised to be able to find anything without animal products. Wionder if they are avaialable in UK?