Sunday, May 27, 2007

Sunday Surprise

Why surprise I hear you ask, well, it's like this, I was going to make a chocolate pudding but then discovered a lack of baking powder in the house. This is what I made instead.

when the moon hits your eye...

Turned out nice although there is far too much there for one meal. Hand made dough (how I missed the Santos but 4.5 kg dough would have been more than too much for one pizza) with basil kneaded in, a topping of tomato puree, onions, garlic, chopped killer cucumber as a caper substitute, fresh tomato and mozzarella substitute made from (you guessed it) soy yoghurt and nutritional yeast. Lots of olive oil. The whole thing could have done with a lot more pepper but quite pleasing overall.

Oh, and I had a glass, strike that, two glasses of rose with it.

No comments: