Monday, June 01, 2009

foodgawker or tastespotting?

Which food photo accumulator do you prefer? tastespotting or foodgawker?

There are now over 200 feeds in my reader, I'd like to reduce that a bit and the content in these two has considerable overlap.

It's good to skim across looking for new presentations or ethnic foods I've never heard of although most of the content involving meat, dairy and cupcakes isn't for me. However, it's getting a bit dull seeing the same stuff in two places, especially when there's a group release from one of the baking gangs. Foodgawker seems to be a bit quicker in getting the links up but tastespotting is longer established and I think may have more contributors. One of them has got to go.

Do you have a favourite or am I missing the perfect alternative site that will meet my needs? Why do people post their links on both sites and is it a good or bad thing? Do you know the meaning of life? Answers in the comments please, I'd really like to hear from you.

3 comments:

camel said...

I faced the same problem as you. I prefer foodgawker. It has a cleaner interface, but I don't know what else draws me to it.

Catofstripes said...

I went with Foodgawker too in the end. Couldn't say why either.

ARK said...

I noticed the same thing...annoying to look through all the same things...I like taste spotting...probably because they tend to accept my stuff and food gawker has been a little more picky...