Friday, May 07, 2010

The Wider World

leek and potato soup

Although I'm ensconced here in Normandy, seeing no one and for the moment without even any transport to bring me to civilisation there was a general election in the UK yesterday. Food and politics don't really mix but I am disappointed that the results have turned out as they have - it was perhaps obvious that things would go as they did, particularly to anyone who has seen it all before as I have (yes, I'm that old) but I really hoped there would be a chance for real change.

Anyway, as part of my preparations for a week of living from stores I made a huge batch of Leek and Potato Soup and froze most of it to make my lunches over the week. Actually I haven't eaten that much of it but plan to use it up in curries and casseroles within the next month or so as with fingers crossed I'm anticipating the arrival of my car on Saturday.

To sustain me through the long night of election results watching I roasted a batch or pumpkin and cauliflower pieces, first served with a salad and then as company to home made sour dough rolls with yeast pate on them.

sourdough and roast veg

1 comment:

Barnacle Bertha said...

looks great!