Sunday, April 10, 2011

In the last week

chickpea and rice burgers
Chickpea and rice burgers

A selection of unremarkable meals eaten recently. I had hoped these ground chickpea and rice burgers would be special enough to share the recipe but alas, they were only edible, not great.

onion fritters with tomato jam
Onion fritters with tomato jam

When the going gets tough I tend to resort to batter based snack foods.

tofu hash
Tofu and Beetroot Hash

What can I say? This was only the sum of its parts. The greens were the first harvest from the Good King Henry, which was nice.

A much more successful meal that has formed a couple of suppers already this week is my variation on a recipe which I'm sure I found on Thyme for Cooking but I've just been back to look and can't find anything like it. Anyway, it's just a really simple pasta dressed with olive oil, a little vegan margarine, lemon juice, nutritional yeast flakes, salt, pepper and chopped fresh herbs of choice; I've been using fresh sage mostly, it's wonderful. Naturally the original contained butter and parmesan but you don't need me to tell you that's not vegan. This has just the right amount of starchy comfort mixed with spring flavours for me at the moment.

Finally, everyone loves pizza. This monster did three meals, all of them delicious.

pizza

No comments: