Sunday, June 01, 2008

Coco Nutty

In the last few days most of my cooking exploits have ended unsatisfactorily. Stuff just isn't nice enough to post in the blog. Today, when I came in from a couple of hours hard labour and as hungry as a horse from missing breakfast I decided to cut the crap and use someone else's successful recipe, just for a change.

coconut drop scones

Destiny's Kitchen had just produced some of Isa Chandra Moskowitz's Coconut Pancakes and very nice they looked too. So I made them my mark despite the fact the Americans persist in calling pancakes what we would call drop scones. Pancakes, as any fule kno', are more like a crêpe only British.

Then, being me, I threw the recipe away and made my own version, mainly because I have no cup measures here, no maple syrup and so on. You get the picture but because the bits of this recipe that really appeal to me, the nutmeg and the coconut, I'd never thought of before I can't really claim this as my own work. If you'd like to make them I suggest you pop over to Destiny's and start there.

Supremely easy, tolerably quick and delightfully fried sugary carbohydrate, I treated myself to some brewed coffee to go with them and ate the lot. I may have to lie down now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah...drop scones. That explains everything!

Lily Girl said...

Mmmm... those look delicious!

Alice said...

Hi there,
I really hope you don't mind but I've just posted about drop scones on my blog, but I didn't have a picture to hand ... so I borrowed your one (with full credit of course and link to you). If you do mind, please let me know and i will remove it straight away!!!! Love your blog and hope to see you over at ours when you have a moment!

Catofstripes said...

Hi Alice,

To be honest I am a bit cross. As a writer and publisher yourself I would have expected you to be aware of the issues pertaining to copyright and to have observed the very clear notice of copyright on the blog. If you had read the notes associated with it you would have realised that I would like to have been advised and given my permission BEFORE you published any of my material on your blog.

However, no harm is done so for this instance you have my permission. Thank you at least for drawing to my attention after the event.