Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Salad Plate

lighten up

Although anyone who knows me well will find this difficult to come to terms with I'm off my food this week. A combination of warm weather and anxiety in the trough of a depression has stolen my appetite and with it any inspiration I may have had for inventive cookery.

Still, I like to be thrifty and I have freshly dug potatoes and a pot of soya yoghurt that needed eating up. I made a potato salad with a dressing of mustard enhanced yoghurt and some capers.

I also have many courgettes. Some toasted hazelnuts, which would tempt the dead to eat, and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar on some lightly stir fried cubes of courgette made another simple salad.

Finally, a tricolour of avocado, melon and marinated roast red pepper makes the plate look pretty.

And since even the photograph looked dejected and flat I've bumped the contrast dramatically which is what gives it that rather interesting 50s colour plate look.

Bon Appétit

No comments: