Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Scraping the barrel

Tonight's concoction was so poor that I nearly didn't blog it. Then I remembered I'd promised, then I discovered that both cameras had flat batteries. I coaxed a little juice out of one of them because I wasn't going to wait any longer for my supper.

pancake rolls

Using up some old Brick pastry sheets I decided to make pancake rolls. For filling I used some matchstick potatoes, shredded leeks, some peanuts and a little finely chopped horseradish. I was a wimp and could have used a lot more of the spicy stuff.

The filling was quickly stir fried to take the edge of the spuds and used to fill 2.5 sheets of Brick. I thought I had five. The unwieldy shaped rolls were shallow fried and greasy and tough in consequence.

Still, I'm not hungry any more, which is a good thing.

Only two more days before I can hit the shops, which will be a huge relief even though, had the bomb dropped, there's still food for another couple of weeks carefully managed.

No comments: