Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Too hungry

braised
Pan Braised Potato, Pumpkin, Celeriac and Onion in a Miso Wine gravy with Toasted Hazelnuts.

This was supposed to have been oven roasted veggies, cooked along with a loaf of bread to save fuel, but the dough was slow and I was too hungry to wait. Perhaps a bit wintery for the time of year but it's still pretty cold here in the evenings.

Vegetables were pan fried with just a little oil, slowly so that they gained some colour and flavour, then a miso and wine stock was added and the pan lid put on to complete the cooking. The lid doesn't fit too well and there was a little evaporation which helped the sauce thicken.

The toasted hazelnuts were sprinkled over for added crunch and protein.

It's all very well announcing I'll be eating from a menu plan but that means I have to make one. I had no idea there were so many recipes in my 'good ideas to try' box but I'm making some lists now. There should be enough variety that I can post a couple of new experiments each week without giving up on old favourites already blogged.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey, that looks amazing. So do the almond chocolates you made. I just added your site to my links list. hope that is ok, I will remove it if you prefer. it's at: http://giespeas.wordpress.com.
Only just tarted so not many posts yet but there are recipes and information.
Bye!