Friday, November 12, 2010

MoFo ate my reader

I've had to unsubscribe from the RSS bundle - not only was I drowning in reading that I had no chance of keeping up with it seemed to be overloading Reader in some way and causing all sorts of errors and anomalies. I'm going to make a point of popping over to the Where in the World page instead and working my way through what catches my eye there.

Anyway, I've not done anything very exciting to report. Mr. Stripey made a request for Millionaire's Bar, the sort of thing you give your wealthy uncle so he dies young and leaves you all his money, it's that rich. My first attempt at this has shortbread which is too crumbly and a caramel layer that's too chewy (although delicious and worth a posting to itself).

millionaires bar #1

So it's back to the drawing board. I hope our bodies can take the punishment.

And then, I made soya milk. I know, it seems so unlikely, but this is the first time I've ever made soya milk in all my life. Truth be told, I don't like it much and for the small quantities that have been necessary it's just so much easier to buy some.

However, I have a cunning plan and it requires that first I master all aspects of soy product manufacture enabling us to enjoy home made tofu, tempeh and in the fullness of time maybe even miso and soy sauce too. I used the recipe here although it's not going to be particularly different to any other recipe. All I can say is, what a faff. It's not difficult but it is boring. I shall be working on my attitude problem assiduously I can assure you. And here are the results of my labours.

soy milk

3 comments:

omgoshimvegan said...

That bar looks great. I love carmel so rich and delicious.

vegan.in.brighton said...

Even if it didn't turn out perfectly that millionaires shortbread looks delicious.

Rose said...

"mofo ate my reader"...lol

I gave up trying to stay on top of that reader thing too...yours sounds like a good strategy...I've been just hunting and pecking too.