Sunday, October 02, 2011

It was my Birthday

and for a change I was in the UK celebrating in some of the best weather ever for the month of October, just like when I was born, a goodly number of years ago.

The weather was so wonderful we had breakfast in the garden made on the barbeque.

Food1


The family were here to celebrate with me and this is the cake...

Food2

it's a no bake cake made with pepparkakor, chocolate, raisins and for the first time ever, malt syrup which worked very well. Very rich, very good with coffee.

A first post for Vegan Mofo, no logos or links today, on the road with cats which is quite complicated enough for this overheated brain.

7 comments:

Jen Treehugger said...

Happy Birthday and Happy MoFo'ing. I heard that the weather in the UK has been amazing, you timed that well.
:-)

Aleks said...

Pepparkakor is like ginger bread? And malt syrup is something I've been looking to experiment with, so that's neat to see it used. The cake reminds me of katarzynki, Polish chocolate covered gingerbread cookies I had throughout my childhood, which I was recently surprised to find were accidentally vegan.

coldandsleepy said...

That cake looks delightful... I had never heard of pepparkakor before but it sounds delicious.

Nice kabobs too!

Rose said...

Happy Birthday!

vegan.in.brighton said...

Yay, happy birthday! Your cake looks great.

dinesh said...

cometh october
its time to remember
you are getting younger day by day.
hope you had an awesome birthday...

cheers
one of your avid readers
dinesh

Catofstripes said...

Hello everyone and thanks for the birthday wishes.

Pepparkakor are Swedish biscuits, thin, crisp and spicy with ginger and cinnamon. They are often vegan, I got some in Ikea but easy to make your own.

Hope to be stopping by at everyone's blog this Mofo but aren't there a lot this year!