Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Out to lunch

nut roast and salads

Today Mr. Stripey Cat and I were lucky to be invited out to lunch at the house of a new friend, Rosalind, one of the very few other vegans in all of Normandy.

Rosalind and her delightful children put on a wonderful spread for us. The starter was a thick borscht with delicious sourdough bread. The main course was a Marinated Tofu and Chickpea Bake from Linda Majzlik's book "Vegan Barbecues and Buffets" (ISBN 1 897766 55 6) served with salads of artichoke hearts, french beans and cocktail tomatoes. This was really delicious and although I don't own the book myself I've persuaded Rosalind to copy the recipe for me so that we can make it again for ourselves. The pudding was a refreshing plum crumble with added ginger, again absolutely lovely although by then we were almost too full to appreciate it.

It's so nice to be treated to a special meal like this and I look forward to the day when I can return the favour. Thank you very much Rosalind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.