Thursday, July 19, 2007

Rice Paper Spring Rolls

spring rolls

This didn't work out quite as well as I hoped - I wanted to cut the rolls into sections and serve each section on an endive spoon which would hold a drizzle of dipping sauce within it and carry the morsel to the mouth.

My wrapping technique needs practise because the rolls simply weren't tight enough to work the way I wanted them to.

However, they tasted pretty good. The filling was rather different to the traditional one, using matchsticks of fresh courgette from the garden with matchsticks of potato, lightly cooked and mixed with garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, mint and chillies. Peanuts would have been a good and authentic addition but I had none and lemon grass would have lifted the whole thing to a new level.

Needs more work!

No comments: