Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Cherry Coloured Coleslaw

So many leftovers and cooking experiments have seen me overeating for the last few days. For supper today then I decided to go raw and vegetable.

This coleslaw is made with red cabbage, carrots, apples and shallots all grown here in our garden.



I grated the vegetables fairly finely using the very scary mandoline. It's a great tool but last time I used it I cut myself so I was being extra specially careful today.

Then I mixed everything together with a dressing made of 1 tbsp. soy mayo, a Bjorg branded one that I don't like much, a small pot of soya yoghurt, a teaspoonful of Dijon mustard, a pinch of salt and a splash each of cider vinegar and soy sauce. Not very exciting or innovative but quite healthy and guess what, enough for leftovers tomorrow as well!

No comments: