Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Not really Nachos

I was trying out the recipe for corn chips from the excellent Mas du Diable site. The chips have a lovely taste but I didn't really pull off an impressive execution. They stuck to the foil, browned unevenly and took longer to cook than expected, probably due to my temperamental oven.

To serve with them I'd made a Salsa Verde, tomatilloes, avocado, garlic, lemon juice, the works but then wondered if I could use up some of my leftovers - that Colby uncheese is still hanging around and will have to be binned in the next couple of days.

So I give you Nachos, of a sort at any rate. Corn chips, layered with Salsa Verde, Spicy Tomato Ketchup and Colby uncheese warmed through...



It all tastes surprisingly good, but I'm not expecting to win awards for presentation or photography today. Dear me, no.

5 comments:

Destiny's Kitchen said...

I think they look good, sort of a softer version of nachos. Yum!

Catofstripes said...

They were good. The corn chips are a really nice idea and crisper than they look, I think I was just having a bad cooking day. Bit more care needed with the rolling out.

...barbara... said...

looks great......
corn chips are on my list of things to make......

Anonymous said...

Glad you tried the recipe - They look great.
Sounds like maybe a little less water and they will be easier to roll and won't stick.

Catofstripes said...

Hi Laura, I shall definitely be trying them again but probably not until I have someone visiting to share them with. I just kept eating these until they were gone, not good for the figure!