Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Point

the point

As usual I've gone into a flat spin at the expectation of the arrival of the Alpha male on Friday. It's been a long month without him.

Consequently, my mind isn't really focussed on the food and although I had polenta disks, Berber spiced pumpkin and artichoke tips to make a poncey and photographic stack for tonight's meal, actually I can't bring myself to assemble it and have instead been living on strong coffee and the occasional crisp sandwich to ward off the possibility of fainting.

However, since I'd spent nearly a fiver on out of season asparagus, I was motivated* to steam that to be served with a vinaigrette dijonnaise. To replace the pumpkin a glass of the somewhat ambivalent Tunisian wine, Sidi Brahim, which is nearly the same thing may help to calm my shattered nerves.

Service is going to be a bit erratic for the next few days. Hope to get back to normal by the middle of next week.


* ah Love, where have you gone?

1 comment:

Destiny's Kitchen said...

Alpha male, that's so cute. I looooove asparagus so much.